Parks and Playgrounds
Open spaces and places to play
Not only is our town very spacious and green on the inside (23 per cent of the town will be parks and open spaces), but we’re also fortunate enough to be right next door to the permanently protected beauty of the Googong Foreshores nature reserve.
So while you’re here, make sure you go fishing and kayaking on Googong Dam, swimming at The Cascades or White Rocks Reserve, or mountain biking, running or hiking the many trails in the area.
In Googong itself, there’s already plenty to keep you outdoors, including three playing fields, eight playgrounds, two dog parks and two tennis courts. Ultimately the town will boast eleven playing fields, ten tennis courts, six netball courts, a regional playground, thirteen local parks, an indoor pool and sports centre, and over 15km of walkways, bike paths and bush trails.
Our current playgrounds include:
- Our all abilities playground, Lovegrove Park, is located on Aprasia Avenue adjacent to the Googong North Village Centre.
- Yerradhang Nguru, Gumnut Playground (shown above), is especially popular and has beautiful views across the Conservation Area and ping pong tables. It is located within our 18-home Googong Display Village on 65 Aprasia Avenue.
- Munnagai Woggabaliri playground is located on Sunset Place in Montgomery Rise.
- Duncan Fields on Duncan Loop include a playground with mini trampolines and a half court basketball court.
- Rockley Oval playground includes a mini climbing wall.
- Beltana Park caters well for younger children and is adjacent to Club Googong and the tennis courts on Beltana Avenue.
- Aprasia Park and John Carragh Park are located on roads with the same names.
All parks except Aprasia Park, include BBQ's and tables.
Barkley Park is the largest and most popular of our two dog parks, and includes a huge dam to get water loving dogs excited. Barkley Park is located on Duncan Loop.
Of course, if you lived here in Googong, you could do any of those things on the spur of the moment, whenever you wanted to. Just sayin’.